Autumn in Durham Region is a sight to behold. The colours are extraordinary, with golden hues and warm tones colouring the scenery in parks and nature reserves. The food is festive and timely, with harvest vegetables available at local farms and grocery stores. And fun fall-themed activities are in full flight in many Durham municipalities. If you’re looking for some exciting autumn inspiration, check out our fall bucket list to complete this season.
- Hike through Oshawa’s Waterfront Trail and glimpse the beautiful scenery of Lake Ontario.
- Go on an epic corn maze adventure at Buzzing Bees Adventure Farm.
- Take a magical Pickering Fairy Tour throughout October and November.
- Attend Pingle’s Farm Harvest Festival for corn mazes, hot apple cider, games, wagon rides and more for the whole family.
- Pick your own apples at Archibald’s Estate Winery in nearby Bowmanville, open for the whole family throughout the month of October.
- Have a picnic at Lakeview Park on a warm autumn afternoon.
- Attend Durham Region Culture Days and explore art and culture events and activities throughout Oshawa, Whitby and more.
- Buy harvest produce at North Oshawa Farmer’s Market every Saturday from 8am-1pm.
- Sample delicious seasonal ciders at Slabtown Cider Co in Uxbridge.
- Go fishing in Oshawa Creek.
- Gather your wits and go a Haunted Ghost Walk.
- Carve pumpkins for Halloween (find your pumpkins at your local grocery store, farmers market or local farm)!
What do you think of our list? We hope it inspires you to get outside, make some memories with family and friends and experience the beauty of the autumn season in Durham Region.